AAI Public Service Award
The AAI Public Service Award (PSA) program began in 1994.
The PSA is bestowed annually on "individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the advocacy and support of basic biomedical and immunologic research" and who have "distinguished themselves in such diverse fields as public affairs and policymaking, journalism and scientific writing, scientific research, research administration, minority recruitment and education in the sciences, and disease research advocacy."
- Representatives Chris Van Hollen (D-MD) and Brian Bilbray (R-CA).
- for their "outstanding leadership in advancing biomedical research through support for the National Institutes of Health."
Below (left image): Rep. Chris Van Hollen converses with AAI leaders. Below (right image): Rep. Brian Bilbray (third from left) accepts AAI award from (L-R) Mitchell Kronenberg, Jeffrey Frelinger, Linda Sherman.
Below (L-R): Elizabeth Kovacs, Arlene Sharpe, Linda Sherman, Gail Bishop, Marc Jenkins, Rep. Chris Van Hollen, Mitchell Kronenberg, Michele Hogan, Jeremy Boss, Leslie Berg, Wayne Yokoyama, Lauren Gross.
Previous PSA Recipients
- The Honorable David Obey (D-WI)
- The Honorable Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)
- Families USA (Ron Pollack, Executive Director)
- Dr. Richard Hodes, Director, National Institute on Aging
- Vicki and Fred Modell, Co-founders of the Jeffrey Modell Foundation (JMF)
- Frankie Trull, President, National Association for Biomedical Research (NABR) and Foundation for Biomedical Research (FBR)
- Mort Kondracke, journalist/commentator and Roll Call Executive Editor
- Senator Edward Kennedy (D-MA)
- Senator Orrin Hatch (R-UT)
- Dr. Ruth Kirschstein, former Acting Director/Deputy Director, NIH
- Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA)
- Senator Arlen Specter (R-PA)
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, Director, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- Representative Dan Miller (R-13th, FL)
- Senator Connie Mack, III (R-FL)
- Sam Donaldson, ABC News
- Bradie Metheny, former publisher, Washington FAX
- Senator Mark O. Hatfield (R-OR)
- Representative John Porter (R-10th, Ill)
© The American Association of Immunologists, Inc.
9650 Rockville Pike | Bethesda, Maryland 20814 | Phone: (301) 634-7178 | Fax: (301) 634-7887
Email: email@example.com | Website feedback: AAI Webmaster