Additional AAI Publications
Scientific Publishing Do's and Don'ts for Authors and Reviewers: A collection of four articles addressing the science of writing and reviewing that is essential to every investigator's career success. The articles are based upon presentations made during the Publications Committee-sponsored symposium at the 96th AAI Annual Meeting in Seattle, WA.
The articles include
- Dos and Don'ts for Writing a Scientific Manuscript, based on a presentation by Pamela J. Fink, Ph.D., Professor, University of Washington and former Deputy Editor for The Journal of Immunology
- The Appropriate Use of Statistics in the Biological Sciences, based on a presentation by Pamela A. Shaw, Ph.D., Mathematical Statistician for the Biostatistics Research Branch, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, NIH
- The Ethics of Scientific Publishing, based on a presentation by Jeremy M. Boss, Ph.D., Chair, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Emory University School of Medicine, and Editor in Chief for The Journal of Immunology
- How to Be a Valued Reviewer, based on a presentation by JoAnne L. Flynn, Ph.D., Professor, Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
In the Lion's Den: The Manuscript Review Process and How to Survive It: A collection of articles outlining steps in the manuscript review process and offering insights into how understanding them can help authors anticipate and address reviewers' expectations. The articles are based on presentations made during the Publications Committee-sponsored symposium at the 98th AAI Annual Meeting in San Francisco, CA. The articles include
- I Clicked Submit; What Happens Next? based on a presentation by Juan Carlos Zúñiga-Pflücker, Ph.D., Professor, Department of Immunology, University of Toronto
- Making It Easier for the Reviewer, based on a presentation by Melissa A. Brown, Ph.D., Professor, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Northwestern University
- It's not Personal: Responding to Reviewers, based on a presentation by Peter E. Jensen, MD, Chair, Department of Pathology, University of Utah
© The American Association of Immunologists, Inc.
9650 Rockville Pike | Bethesda, Maryland 20814 | Phone: (301) 634-7178 | Fax: (301) 634-7887
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Website feedback: AAI Webmaster